Monday, February 9, 2009

Please God let me not be a waddler

Not that I was ever capable of doing somersaults and backflips, but in the last week or so I have started to really feel heavy and unwieldy. And I often wonder, where did my center of gravity go - as it is no longer where I left it. I swear it was right here....
Now when I stand up it actually takes a certain amount of effort because of that dastardly force, gravity. And the really fun part is knowing that it will only get worse! It's not like I've packed on 50 pounds (I've gained 11) but they are all, how shall I put this, distributed between my top front and lower front. No counterweight at the back, which I suppose is a good thing. I'm doing my best to still walk like a normal person, although I know the day will come when I adopt the standard preggo waddle. I hope that day is still in the semi-distant future....

In other fun news, we met with our doula Victoria last week, which was great. She's very relaxed and groovy, which is essential, and, this is the best part, quite compatible with our senses of humor. I find alot of release in humor (as does anyone I chose to be friends with!) and I just know that it will be my sanity saver during labor to have someone who can sass it up with me the same way. And in two weeks we are headed to childbirth class bootcamp - a full weekend of class to ensure that we sort of know what we are doing.

Little Bubba is still quite active, and has definitely taken a shining to my ribs. He also seems to prefer assaulting my right side versus my left. No idea why. It would be awesome to have some sort of belly cam to see what in the world he is doing. Breakdancing, I bet.

No comments: