Thursday, February 19, 2009

I passed!

Just thought I would share the good news from my 28 week appointment today - I passed the glucose tolerance test with flying colors! She said I had a perfect response and zero hint of any diabetes. Which is fabulous. So we can cross gestational diabetes off the list of potential pregnancy worries. She did note that my ankles were somewhat swollen, which I can live with. In the last few weeks my fingers have occasionally gotten swollen, but I must admit I had not been checking my ankles. So I could be on my way to getting cankle-y. For those of you who may not be aware, the term cankle is used to describe your ankles when they are very large and indistinguishable from your calves. Ankle+calf=cankle. Which led Byron and I to wonder out loud, if you already had cankles, how would you know if your ankles were swollen?

1 comment:

Liz Jimenez said...

Wohoo for passing!

Ah yes, the cankles. For a while, it helped if I put my feet up and re-hydrated. But after a while, even two gallons a day couldn't keep them at bay. I had hobbit feet and was swollen up to my knees. It was delightful. :-)