Monday, May 4, 2009

Painted Belly


Check out my blossoming belly at left, with artwork courtesy of my lovely hubby. It's hard to believe, but I'm just a week away from my due date. Though of course, the term 'due date' is a misnomer, this little man will surely show up whenever he feels like it, calendar be damned.
I'm still feeling pretty good, though in the last few days I have been overcome with itchiness. At first it was just the stretch marks on my tummy, but now that I'm trying not to scratch those it's everything else that itches. Not quite sure what's going on with it, but it's annoying. I'm doing my best not to completely destroy my skin with scratching, but it's really hard.
Other than all that, just enjoying maternity leave so far. I'm getting all the sleep I can, and enjoying the glee of watching the terrible traffic reports on the morning news knowing that I don't have to drive in that mess. It's the little things. :)

3 comments:

Liz Jimenez said...

Cute picture and cute belly! Can't wait to hear all about the arrival of the little man.

Rachel said...

So exciting! Can wait for the update when things start in motion!

Kisses!

The Stansfield's said...

I am so excited for you both. I was just talking to Jim today and wondering if you guys had your son yet. I love the picture of your belly, it was very artistic. Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy soon.